Autopia Tours: Blue Mountains Sunset & Wilderness Tour
- Duration: 630 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales
- Product code: BMS-S
This tour is affected by daylight savings hours, the departure time changes throughout the year to maximise the sunset experience.
TOUR CODE: BMS-S
OPERATES: Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sun (Jan22-Sep22) / Daily (Oct22-Mar23)
DEPARTS: 10:15am (winter) / 12:15pm (summer)
RETURNS: 8:45pm (winter) / 10:45pm (summer)
TOUR DURATION: 10:30 Hours
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME: Mercure Central - 818-820 George St Cnr Lt Regent Entrance @ 10:00am (winter) / *12:00pm (summer). IMPORTANT: Guests are to be ready and waiting on the Little Regent St laneway entrance into the Mercure Sydney around the corner from George St.
- Late morning tour departure - Avoid the crowds!
- Enjoy the twilight magic and mystery of the Blue Mountains National Park at sunset
- Escape to the wilderness of a World Heritage LIsted area, located in New South Wales
- See the iconic and spectacular Three Sisters rock formation, overlooking picturesque landscapes
- Guided bush walks along secret trails of a World Heritage Listed area
- Amazing lookout views across Jamison Valley
- Walk the National Pass to Wentworth Falls
- Australian wildlife sightings in their natural habitat
Avoid the crowds on this relaxed exploration of the Blue Mountains! Explore the changing moods of the Blue Mountains in the late afternoon sunlight and capture the sunset over the rugged ranges and valleys. This tour is designed to avoid the peak hour traffic of Sydney with later departures and returns to maximise our time enjoying the stunning scenery and native forests.
With a late morning departure, you will have extra time to explore Sydney before joining this tour to one of the world's most spectacular World Heritage-listed national parks. Located 50 kilometres from Sydney CBD, the Blue Mountains is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, and is rich in Aboriginal heritage. A rugged mountain range of unique sandstone formations and steep cliffs, the Blue Mountains is known for its dramatic landscape. Surrounded by giant eucalyptus trees which creates a blue haze that lives up to its name.
After we stop for lunch, we’ll continue to explore the amazing Jamison Valley. Get up close to the storied sandstone formation, the iconic Three Sisters. Hike along some impressive bush trails toward one of the most breath-taking waterfalls in New South Wales then settle in to watch the sun sink behind the distant mountains casting shadows over the rock formations and eucalyptus forests. On the journey home, take a quick break to grab some dinner before we go kangaroo spotting! Many of Australia’s native animals are much more active in the dusk hours and we’ll explore some of the secret spots where we are most likely to find wildlife. Driving Distance: 250km.
*A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks. The minimum age to join this tour is 6 years old, due to the level of fitness required and walking involved.
- National Park entry fees
- Guided bush walks (2hr walking subject to fitness level)
- Australian wildlife sightings
- Experienced driver guide
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pickup and drop off points
- Any meals not indicated within the itinerary
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Personal expenses
WHAT TO BRING:
1L refillable water bottle, hat, sunglasses & sunscreen, all-weather active clothing ie. wind-breaker/raincoat, comfortable walking shoes (closed shoes), small day pack 5-7kg, money for snack and meals, camera to capture every moment.
Child fare prices apply from 6 to 12 years old. This tour is not suitable for children 5 years old and under, due to the nature and walking involved.
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS:This tour is affected by daylight savings hours, departure time changes to maximise the sunset experience.
- 03 Apr 2022 - 01 Oct 2022 (winter) @ 10:00am
- 02 Oct 2022 - 01 Apr 2023 (summer) @ 12:00pm
- 02 Apr 2023 - 30 Sep 2023 (winter) @ 10:00am
- 01 Oct 2023 - 06 Apr 2024 (summer) @ 12:00pm